Use the Worklet™ option to perform any scriptable action on devices, including disabling a vulnerable process, managing native OS controls, mass rollback of patches, and moving unwanted applications.
Note: Before you create a worklet from scratch, browse the Worklet Catalog for available and customizable worklets.
Creating a Worklet
To create a worklet, follow these steps:
- From the System Management page, click Create Policy.
- Click Worklet.
- Click Next.
- Click the OS for the custom policy you are creating.
Note: The worklet you create should be run on a device of the same OS.
- In the Policy Info area, configure the following:
- In the Policy Name field, enter a name for the worklet. The field is required.
- In the Notes field, enter any notes, if required.
- In the Evaluation Code area, enter a script for the worklet you are creating. For example worklets, click the Worklet Library link directly in the console. Note: If you switch to a different OS, the code fields are automatically cleared.
- In the Remediation Code area, enter remediation logic to execute when the evaluation code above returns non-compliance.
- If relevant, you can also upload a software installation file for your worklet.
- In the Schedule area, set the patching schedule that will run on the device. The Schedule Preview provides a calendar view of the patching schedule. See Setting a Patching Schedule.
- (Optional) Associate this policy with a group by selecting the plus in the upper right of the page and selecting the desired group(s). When the policy is saved, the group is then assigned to the policy.
- Click Create Policy.
Disabling a Worklet
To disable a worklet, follow these steps:
- From the System Management page, click the worklet you want to disable.
- From the Edit Worklet page, go to Groups and remove any associated groups.
- Click Save Policy.
The catalog of worklets allows you to immediately use a verified worklet for your purposes. You can also create a new policy based on an existing worklet.
- From the System Management page, navigate to the Community Worklets tab.
- You can rearrange by selecting the Column button on the right or sort by clicking column headers.
- Click Actions:
- Select View Details to find out what the verified worklet is used for.
- Select Create Policy to customize the existing worklet for your own purposes.
Contact Automox Support (email@example.com) for further assistance.