From the Devices page, you can view your inventory, assign a device to a group, scan, reboot, export details, and remove a device.
Viewing Device Inventory
The following information is available from the Devices page:
This shows the total number of patches installed on the device.
|OS||This is the OS type of the device, either macOS, Windows, or Linux, which is depicted with an icon.|
|Device Name||This is the name that the device either assigns by default, or the name the user assigned to the individual device. Hover over the name of the device and click to open the detail view. See also Device Details.|
|Disconnect Time||The date and time that a device last disconnected from the platform. Note: Sort using this column, with the oldest at the top, to identify decommissioned devices. You can then remove the devices from the console.|
|Group||The associated group membership is displayed here. See also Managing Groups.|
|Tags||Tags are optional. They can be used to improve your search experience.|
|IP Address||IP address assigned to the device. Hover over an entry to show all associated addresses.|
|OS Version||OS version currently installed on the device.|
|Scheduled Patches||This shows if there are any scheduled patches for this device based on the patch policies.|
|Status||This column shows details about any status associated with a device. For example, it can show the last time a patch was processed, if the device is up-to-date, if a patch is pending, and if the device has been marked with an exception.|
|Device ID||This number is the same as the server ID.|
|Disconnected For||The amount of time the device has been disconnected in days.|
|Last Logged In User||The login name of the user who last logged in to the device.|
|Total Patches||This shows the total number of patches installed on the device.|
Showing All Columns of Data
The default setting of the Devices page does not show all available columns. You can show more data or rearrange how the columns are presented.
- Click the Columns button and select the checkboxes to show or hide columns.
- You can rearrange the order of the data by dragging the column names to the desired position.
Assigning a Device to a Group
To assign a device or multiple devices to a group, follow these steps: (See also Managing Groups).
- From the Devices page, click the checkbox for the device(s) you want to assign to a group.
- Click Actions and select Assign to Group from the drop-down menu.
- In the Assign to Group window, click the Group drop-down list and choose the desired group.
- Click Assign Devices to Group.
Scanning a Device
To scan a device, follow these steps:
- From the Devices page, click the checkbox for the device(s) you want to rescan.
- Click Actions and select Scan to scan the device. The request is sent and Automox retrieves the latest status of the device.
Rebooting a Device
To reboot a device, follow these steps:
- From the Devices page, click the checkbox for the device(s) you want to reboot.
- Click Actions and select Reboot.
- When the confirmation dialog window opens, click Reboot Device.
The request is sent and the devices are immediately rebooted. This bypasses any user notifications.
Exporting Device Inventory
You can export data contained in the Device inventory for one or all devices. To export inventory data, follow these steps:
- From the Devices page, click the checkbox for the device(s) you want export data for.
- Click Actions and select Export from the drop-down menu.
A CSV file is automatically downloaded to your computer.
Removing a Device
In order to remove a device from your Automox inventory, follow these steps. After removing a device, it is no longer managed by Automox. A removed device can be re-added by reinstalling the agent on that device.
- From the Devices page, click the check box for the device(s) you want to remove.
- Click Actions and select Remove Device.
- Confirm the device removal in the Remove Devices dialog box.
- See also Device Details.
- Automox Community: PowerShell script remove devices that have been disconnected longer than X days