Automox integrates with Okta Identity Management through a series of simple steps. Automox also has a pending application available on the Okta app marketplace. Automox Single Sign On through Okta supports both SP and IDP initiated login. Users can either click the Automox app on their Okta dashboard to login, or simply provide their email address on the login page to be redirected to Okta for authentication.
To configure Okta, you will need your unique ACS URL and Entity ID from Automox. As an admin, click on Settings > My Profile, and scroll to the bottom of the page to select “SAML-based authentication.” This will load a window with the required ACS URL and Entity ID.
Keep this information in a tab for use during the Okta configuration.
As an Okta administrator, you can setup an integration to Automox following the normal Okta app creation steps.
- Within the Admin panel, select Applications > Add Application
- Search for “Automox.” If the application is not available, select “Create New App”
- Select “Web” and “SAML 2.0”
- Provide a name and optionally upload the Automox logo (provided below). Continue to the next section.
- You will now need your unique Automox ACS URL and Automox’s Entity ID. Paste the ACS URL into the field for Single sign on URL. Please ensure that the checkbox for Use this for Recipient URL and Destination URL is checked.
Paste the Automox Entity ID into the field for Audience URI (SP Entity ID).
Leave settings for Name ID format as Unspecified and Application username as Okta username.
- Automox does not currently accept any custom attributes. Please leave all fields within the User and Group attribute sections blank. Press Next to continue and complete Okta required app details steps (if applicable).
- Two options are available for configuration: copying and pasting details to Automox, or importing Okta’s generated XML file. Both choices are fully supported depending on your decision. This guide will highlight copying and pasting key metadata. Click View Setup Instructions and keep this information open in a separate tab.
- Within the Settings > My Profile screen, click or reopen the tab for “SAML-based configuration”
- Paste in metadata based on the following mapping:
Okta Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL = Login URL
Okta Identity Provider Issuer = Entity ID
Okta X.509 Certificate = x.509
- You can optionally provide a Logout URL that redirects users to a selected URL after logout. Often, this is a link to your internal Okta dashboard.
- Automox also supports autoprovisioning for new users. If enabled, users can be added to the Automox app in Okta, and will have licenses created for them in Automox as they attempt first login.
When SAML is enabled, inviting new users to Automox is restricted to provisioning, and this configuration is highly recommended.
- Press Save, and then Save Changes to enable SAML.
- Add all required users to the Automox app in Okta to complete setup.