When you enable the manual approval process for a policy, you can conveniently approve and reject new patches from the Manual Approval category of the dashboard.
The basic manual patch approval process is as follows:
- Go to the System Management page to enable or disable the manual patch approval feature on a policy-by-policy basis.
• Find the policy and select Edit Policy.
• Set the Policy Status to Active.
- If you have enabled the manual patch approval feature, from the Dashboard you can click the Manual Approval tile to view software that is available to be approved or rejected for your policies.
- Select the check box for the patch and click Approve or Reject. You can do this for multiple patches at the same time.
• When you select Approve, the software is approved for your policy and will be applied on your policy’s next scheduled update.
• When you select Reject, the software update is removed from the list. You can view the rejected patches from the Policy Scope section of the details page.
NOTE: Sorting the manual approval list is currently not defined. We will enhance this feature in a future release.
NOTE: If manual patch approval is disabled, new patches are automatically scheduled according to the patch policy and listed in the Scheduled Updates category.
Manage your approvals: