Use the Worklet option to perform any scriptable action on devices, including disabling a vulnerable process, managing native OS controls, mass rollback of patches, removing unwanted applications, and many other system configurations.
To create a worklet, follow these steps:
1. From the System Management page, click Create Policy.
2. From the Worklet section, click the OS for the custom policy you are creating.
3. In the Policy Info area, configure the following:
- In the Name field, enter a name for the worklet. The field is required.
- In the Notes field, enter any notes, if required.
4. In the Evaluation Code area, enter a script for the worklet you are creating. You can also select on the right from pre-packaged worklets. To use a pre-packaged worklet, click the name. It will automatically populate the field.
5. In the Remediation code area, enter remediation logic to execute when the evaluation code above returns non-compliance. If a pre-package worklet was selected in the previous step, this field is automatically populated.
6. If relevant, you can also upload a software installation file for your worklet.
7. In the Schedule area, set the months, weeks, days, and time that the patch will run on the device. The Schedule Preview provides a calendar view of the patching schedule.
8. (Optional) Assign this worklet to an existing group by selecting the plus in the upper right of the page and selecting the desired group(s).
NOTE: The worklet must be created before adding a new group. If you select Add Group before creating the worklet, any entries made will not be saved.
9. Click Create Worklet.
For example Worklets, see our Community pages: community.automox.com/worklets