You can create a policy that allows you to automate your third-party software patching.
1. From the System Management page, click Create Policy.
2. From the Required Software Policy section, click the OS for the software policy you want to create.
3. In the Policy Info area, configure the following:
- In the Name field, enter a name for the policy. This field is required.
- In the Notes field, enter any notes, if required.
4. Complete the Identify Package section before uploading the installation file. To do this, enter the required package name and version information as it will appear on the endpoint. This makes it easier to determine if remediation is necessary on the assigned endpoint.
5. Click Upload File to upload the installation file for the software update.
6. Use the Installation Command field to create a script for the software installation. This is required if a script is not found on the device.
7. In the Schedule area, set the months, weeks, days, and time that the patch will run on the device. The Schedule Preview provides a calendar view of the software policy schedule.
8. (Optional) Assign this policy to a group by selecting the plus in the upper right of the page and selecting the desired group(s). Click Add Group. The group can also be newly created now or assigned later.
9. Click Create Policy.