- From the Devices page, hover over the display name of the device and click to open the details view for that device.
- From the device details view, you can select to Restart or Scan the device.
- The device status icon provides a quick status of this device. The following list describes the possible values:
The following lists the status of a device and the description for that status.
This is used when we are actively applying an update. If this status persists for too long then the status will be moved into Needs Attention.
This is used when a device is added to the system and when we regularly scan the system to see if new patches are available for it.
This is shown when we restart a system due to patching or when the admin initiates a restart through the console. If the status persists for too long, the device is moved into Needs Attention.
Patches have been found for the device and scheduled, but not applied yet. If the patches were tried previously, the device is moved into Needs Attention.
Up to Date / Compliant
There are no other updates for the device. This device is fully up-to-date according to its policies.
We are unable to currently contact the device. It is most likely switched off or disconnected from the Internet.
Something has gone wrong with the device and the admin needs to address that issue. We will continue to attempt to patch the device, but we recommend that the admin review the device and it’s settings.
The device requires a reboot in order to complete patching.
This device has been added to Automox, but the group it is in does not have any policies assigned to it.
Patching will not occur on these devices due to the fact that the user is on free monitoring.
This device is flagged as an exception and will not show up in reporting. We will still try to patch according to the policies assigned to the group that it is in.
The device has been disconnected for more than 5 days. This also puts the device in Needs Attention status.
You can view the following information from the Device Details page:
Device Detail Fields
The following describes the fields in the Device Details view.
Name assigned to the device. You can edit this by typing into the field.
Shows if this device has been marked as an exception and is therefore excluded from statistics, but is still monitored.
Toggle the Exception switch to Yes to mark this device as an exception.
This lists the group this device is assigned to. This can be modified from here.
This field lists Tags that are applied to this device. Tags can be added or edited here.
System Details (Hover over icon to view description.)
- Host Name
- FQDN (Fully qualified domain name.)
- Serial Number (Serial number for this device.)
- OS (OS version.)
- CPU (CPU model of this device and clock speed.)
- RAM (Size of system memory.)
- Hard Disk (What kind of storage device is in use, its size, and the free space available.)
Automox Agent Version
The version of the Automox Agent installed on the Device.
Last User Logged In
The login name of the user who logged into the Device.
- Public IP (Public IP address of the device.)
- Device (Name of the network device.)
- MAC (Mac address for this device.)
- Type (The type of interface.)
- Private IP (IP address of the device.)
This shows the current status of patching for this device. (See status list as described in the previous section.)
This shows if this device is online.
Last System Scan
The time the device was last refreshed. Then the number of hours that have passed since that date and time. If the number is in red, it’s a sign that this device has not been scanned recently and it might be out-of-date.
Next Patch Window
The scheduled time for the next patch on this device.
Last Disconnect Time
The last time the Automox agent was disconnected from the Automox cloud.
Restart After Patch
This indicates if the device will be rebooted after patching or when required.
Device Requires Reboot
If the device needs to be restarted to complete patching, this shows Yes.
- Connection: This is a check that runs when the page is loaded. If the device can connect to port 443, automox.com, and an SSL connection to automox.com, the device is considered connected to the system.
- Compatibility: After a device is connected, Automox runs a compatibility check to ensure that we can successfully manage the device. Each operating system has its own compatibility checklist. For more details about what is passing or failing on the compatibility check, click the Review Checklist link to view the Compatibility Checklist.
- Policy Name: User-defined policy name.
- Update Schedule: This is the text description of when the policy will update.
- Next Patch Window: The date and time for the next patch window for that policy.
Run Policy: Click Run Policy to immediately run policy.
IMPORTANT: This will run the policy for all of the devices assigned to that policy, not just the device that is currently visible.
Note: You must confirm the action in the Run Policy window for it to proceed.
- Software Name: Name of the software associated with this device.
- Status: State of the software on this device. Possible values: awaiting update, installed.
- Current Version: Version of the software installed.
- Latest Version: Version of the software that is available for installation.
- Severity: This shows the CVE score severity level for the particular software package.
- Requires Reboot: This shows if a reboot is required for this software update.
- Actions: This drop-down menu allows you to select various actions for the available software, such as Defer or Patch Now. See Configuring Software on a Device.