Configure your desired products and classifications, languages, synchronization schedule, and Automatic approvals. These settings will be specific to your environment.
Configure Update Files and Languages (Local Caching)
- The Update Languages tab of this wizard will be specific to your environment.
- Configure the Update Files tab as shown in the following:
- Update Rules: This will be specific to your environment. The goal here is to have WSUS automatically approve any update it finds. This rule should mirror the products and classifications which you have configured on your WSUS server.
- Advanced: This should be specific to your environment.
- Configure WSUS Server in the Automox console for desired groups.
- Disable OS automatic updates in the Automox console for desired groups (recommended for all groups}.
Maintaining your WSUS Environment
- Periodically remove unneeded update files using the following command:
- Invoke-WsusServerCleanup -CleanupObsoleteComputers -CleanupUnneededContentFiles -CompressUpdates -CleanupObsoleteUpdates -DeclineExpiredUpdates -DeclineSupersededUpdates
- Recommend putting this in a scheduled task to run at least once a month.
- Additional Documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/wsus/invoke-wsusservercleanup?view=win10-ps