Use the Custom Policy option to perform tasks such as enforcing password rules, setting up system configurations, or managing custom software for Windows, Mac, or Linux environments.
To create a custom policy, follow these steps:
1. From the System Management page, click Create Policy.
2. From the Custom Policy section, click the OS for the custom policy you are creating.
3. In the Policy Info area, configure the following:
- In the Name field, enter a name for the policy. The field is required.
- In the Notes field, enter any notes, if required.
4. In the Evaluation Code area, enter a script for the custom policy you are creating. You can also select on the right from pre-packaged scripts. To use a pre-packaged script, click on the name of the script. It will automatically populate the field.
5. In the Remediation code area, enter remediation logic to execute when the evaluation code above returns non-compliance. If a pre-package script was selected in the previous step, this field is automatically populated.
6. If relevant, you can also upload a software installation file for your custom policy.
7. In the Schedule area, set the months, weeks, days, and time that the patch will run on the device. The Schedule Preview provides a calendar view of the patching schedule.
8. (Optional) Assign this policy to a group by selecting the plus in the upper right of the page and selecting the desired group(s). Click Add Group. The group can also be newly created now or assigned later.
9. Click Create Policy.