The following topics are described here:
- Viewing Device Inventory
- Assigning a Device to a Group
- Rescanning a Device
- Rebooting a Device
- Exporting Device Inventory
- Removing a Device
Viewing Device Inventory
The following information is available from the Devices page:
- OS: This is the OS type of the device, either Mac, Windows, or Linux, which is depicted with an icon.
- Display Name: This the name that the device either assigns by default, or the name the user assigned to the individual device. Click the name to display the Device Details page. See also Device Details.
- Group Membership: The associated group membership is displayed here. See also Managing Groups.
- Tags: Tags are optional. They can be used to improve your search experience.
- IP Address: IP address assigned to the device.
- OS Version: OS version currently installed on the device.
- Pending Patches: This shows if there are any scheduled patches for this device.
- Total Patches: This shows the total number of patches associated with this device.
- Status: This column shows details about any status associated with a device. For example, it can show the last time a patch was processed, if the device is up-to-date, if a patch is pending, and if the device has been marked with an exception.
Assigning a Device to a Group
To assign a device or multiple devices to a group, follow these steps: (See also System Management: Managing Groups).
- From the Devices page, click the checkbox for the device(s) you want to assign to a group.
- Click Assign to Group. The Assign to Group dialog window opens.
- From the Select Group drop-down list, choose the desired group.
- Click Assign Devices to Group.
Rescanning a Device
To rescan a device, follow these steps:
1. From the Devices page, click the checkbox for the device(s) you want to rescan.
2. Click the Scan link to rescan the device.
3. The request is sent and Automox retrieves the latest status of the device.
Rebooting a Device
To reboot a device, follow these steps:
1. From the Devices page, click the checkbox for the device(s) you want to reboot.
2. Click the Reboot link.
3. When the confirmation dialog window opens, click Reboot Device(s).
The request is sent and the devices are immediately rebooted. This bypasses any user notifications
Exporting Device Inventory
You can export data contained in the Device inventory for one or all devices. To do this, follow these steps:
1. From the Devices page, click the checkbox for the device(s) you want export data for.
2. Click the Export link.
A CSV file is automatically downloaded to your computer.
Removing a Device
In order to remove a device from your Automox inventory, follow these steps. After removing a device, it is no longer managed by Automox. A removed device can be re-added by reinstalling the agent on that device.
1. From the Devices page, click the checkbox for the device(s) you want to remove.
2. Click the Remove Device link.
3. Confirm the device removal in the Remove Devices dialog window.
The Automox platform carries out the removal process in accordance with your operating system.